Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Miami
Miami is a crazy town. That is why so many people love it here. The hustle, the bustle, the constant movement; it brings the city to life in a dazzling way! But, that constant dazzling life can oftentimes mean that drivers aren’t paying attention, and that pedestrians aren’t as well.
Miami drivers marveling at the beautiful buildings, people, and scenery can easily miss a pedestrian in a crosswalk. And pedestrians absorbed in their maps shouting directions, their music, some fantastic menu, or any number of other Miami distractions barely look around as they enter the crosswalk to traverse Miami’s busy streets. It’s easy to see how these two distracted parties, the driver and the pedestrian, can sometimes tragically meet.
When that meeting happens, and you hit a pedestrian in your car, or you are hit by a car yourself, it can bring your world to a halt instantly. It’s then that an excellent pedestrian accident lawyer becomes your best guide and advocate through all that lies ahead of you in the journey to get your life back to normal.
In Miami, pedestrian accident lawyer Brett Schlacter of Schlacter Law is that lawyer. His experience and expertise will ensure that you come out of this traumatic experience with the compensation and results that you deserve.
Where do pedestrians get hit the most?
- Non-intersections while pedestrians are running, jogging, biking, or walking rank #1 in car vs. pedestrian accidents
- Non-intersection incursions (AKA jaywalking) by pedestrians
- Parking lots without clearly marked pedestrian pathways
- Parking garages
- Urban highway and freeway environments
- Blind driveways, especially those that cross sidewalks to get to the road
While these are the locations that host the highest rate of pedestrians being hit by a car, this sort of accident can happen anywhere at any time. And when it does, it brings your world to a screeching halt.
Common causes of accidents
- Distracted drivers
- Distracted pedestrians
- Ignoring signage, posted warnings, etc
- Blind corners/spots
- Poorly lit areas
- Mechanical malfunctions
- Poorly marked pedestrian zones
Nothing is quite as jarring as hitting a pedestrian with your car, except for being hit yourself. Whether you or that pedestrian were in a crosswalk, a bike lane, or any other right-of-way area like these, or you hit a pedestrian, or again – were hit yourself, crossing the street, parking lot, driveway, or another space in an area not marked for pedestrians makes no difference, to hit a person, or be hit by a car yourself, is a horrible feeling, no matter who is at fault! The moments following this accident will be spent ensuring that the pedestrian is taken care of, or that you are. There will be plenty of talking with the police and EMS, evaluating, running over what happened and where, and ensuring all is as good as it can be in that awful moment – the normal after car accident things. But that normality and the presence of those professionals will not solve this oftentimes lengthy journey that you are about to embark on. That journey through insurance, hospitalization, car repair, and more is made much easier when you have a dedicated pedestrian accident attorney by your side.
What to do after the accident
- Call the police immediately
- Check on all involved if you are physically able
- Do not leave the scene
- Move out of the street, if you are physically able
- Stay calm
- If you were hit as a pedestrian, take down as much of the driver’s info as you can, as well as photos, if you are physically able
- Ensure that when the police arrive they hear from you on what happened, even if you have to reach out from the hospital or shortly thereafter
- If you are the pedestrian victim do not give more than info than they require, just the basics
- Call a Miami pedestrian accident lawyer
That last point about a pedestrian accident lawyer is very important. Find one who is ready to stand by your side and fight for you. In Miami, that attorney should be Brett Schlacter of Schlacter Law.
Common accident injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Scrapes, abrasions, bruises, cuts
- Muscle strains
- Sprains and other ligament injuries
- Emotional injuries (PTSD) and other lingering mental health issues
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many times the fear of how much a lawyer costs can be a roadblock to success for those involved in pedestrian and car accidents. Schlacter Law understands those worries and ensures that you do not pay a dime until you win. With that guarantee, the journey to recovery, reimbursement, and compensation is suddenly much less stressful. That arrangement also makes going at it alone, without a lawyer, something you will never have to do.
Brett Schlacter has successfully represented numerous drivers and pedestrians in Miami and beyond who have hit pedestrians, or have been hit themselves, in crosswalks, while jaywalking, on roadways, in bike lanes, and much more. No matter where this accident happened, Schlacter Law has the experience necessary and is ready to go to bat for you.
Handling this yourself can be an overwhelming affair. Dealing with car insurance companies, hospitals, medical insurance, the other party’s lawyers, and on and on and on; it can seem like an endless cycle of headaches, and it can often feel like your normal life was left behind in that crosswalk. Even common insurance issues seem to be purposefully complicated in an effort to confuse and bewilder those seeking reimbursement and compensation. Add on top of that injuries and recovery, the worry about being partially at fault, and how much all of this is going to end up costing you, and you’ve got a recipe for some serious stress! But, again, that is where an excellent pedestrian accident attorney comes into play.
Brett Schlacter, of Schlacter Law, is the exact pedestrian accident lawyer that you need by your side during all of this. He will absorb the phone calls, letters, meetings, and appearances that will come along with the journey to compensation, reimbursement, and relief. Brett Schlacter has a keen knowledge base of case law for pedestrian accidents and understands how to make that law work in your favor so that your case resolves in a way that benefits you the most.
Schlacter Law will ensure that you are kept up to date every step of the way, explaining what being partially at fault means, how much reimbursement you can get, what your overall compensation will be, what steps you need to take to have the most successful outcome, and what your timeline will be throughout it all. In short, he will be your guide through this entire pedestrian accident journey, something that you will quickly realize is an incredibly valuable thing to have.
If you are found to be partially at fault, your awarded compensation will be decreased by the percentage at which you are found to be at fault. However, there are a lot of variables involved in establishing fault. Your best bet here is to have an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer on your side.
This also varies greatly, depending on hospital bills, repair bills, other expenses related to the accident, the amount of insurance carried by the parties involved in the accident, and more. But, your compensation can range from a few thousand to many tens or even hundreds of thousands, once all of those factors have been established.
No matter what your situation is, even if you were told that you were at fault or your loved one was involved in a fatal pedestrian accident, Schlacter Law is there for you, ready to defend and fight for your rights, reimbursement, and compensation. A return to a normal life is possible with the right attorney at your side. Putting this whole thing behind you and ensuring that you and your family are reimbursed and compensated for your injuries, vehicle damage, and other suffering because of this pedestrian accident is the ultimate goal. Miami certainly is a crazy town. When that crazy gets to be a bit too much for you, Fight Back, Call Schlac.