Catastrophic Injuries Attorney
Suffering personal injuries due to the reckless or careless conduct of another person is frustrating. However, when an accident causes catastrophic injuries that affect a victim’s entire life, that is simply unfair. Individuals who suffer a catastrophic injury due to the negligence of another person may no longer be able to maintain the same employment to support themselves and their families. All the while, these victims will be accumulating high medical bills, which they cannot pay due to the inability to work. Insurance companies know how costly catastrophic injuries can be and will do everything in their power to minimize your injuries and shift blame for the accident onto you.
At Schlacter Law, we understand how disabling and difficult it is to suffer catastrophic injuries. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their catastrophic injuries. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our catastrophic accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Schlacter Law is Different for Catastrophic Injury Victims
We understand that victims with catastrophic injuries deserve special care and attention. Our well-trained legal staff will do everything within their power to make sure a catastrophically injured victim has their rights protected. We keep open lines of communication with clients to make sure they are well informed of their case as it progresses. We aggressively seek medical records, bills, and police reports or investigations to help build a case. This includes looking for surveillance videos to help establish what happened or using experts to help prove your case. We do everything while at the same time making the clients feel comfortable.
Types of Catastrophic Injury Cases We Handle
Our experienced catastrophic personal injury lawyer will handle any type of catastrophic, permanent, or disabling injury. Some of the types of catastrophic injury cases that we handle include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Amputations or loss of a limb
- Paralysis such quadriplegia or paraplegia
- Nerve injuries such as brachial plexus or facial
- Burn injuries
- Birth injuries, including cerebral palsy, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, or stillbirth
- Wrongful death cases
- Any other type of serious and catastrophic personal injuries
Get Started Today with Schlacter Law
Victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to another person or business’ negligence should ask our catastrophic injury lawyer at Schlacter Law to help protect their rights. Insurance adjusters are specifically trained in catastrophic injury cases such as TBIs, SCIs, or amputations to minimize your damages and maximize your fault. Some of their aggressive tactics border on unethical and are meant to get you to accept much less than you deserve.
We won’t let that happen to you. If you suffered a serious or catastrophic injury due to the negligence of another, call our catastrophic injury lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the common causes of catastrophic personal injuries?
There are many possible causes of catastrophic injuries, but the most common causes of catastrophic injuries include motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle crashes, trucking wrecks, slip and falls or trip and falls, medical malpractice, construction site accidents, and any other personal injuries. Catastrophic injuries are very serious and should be handled by law firms such as Schlacter Law.
How long do I have to file a catastrophic injury claim?
Four years in a motor vehicle accident, including a motorcycle accident, bicycle accident, or trucking accident. Two years for medical malpractice cases, unless the injury was not reasonably discovered, then it is two years from the date the injury or malpractice should have been discovered.
How much do I have to pay a catastrophic injury lawyer upfront?
At Schlacter Law, you pay nothing upfront. We know that catastrophic injuries are debilitating and result in high medical bills while being out of work. We do not ask for any money upfront and use a contingency fee agreement. This means you only pay a percentage of what we recover for you in a settlement or award. If we settle your case before filing a lawsuit, that fee is 33.33%.