Spinal Cord Injuries
Even minor spinal cord injuries are debilitating and permanent. However, most spinal cord injuries are catastrophic and result in a permanent loss of sensation, movement, or other function. In the most severe cases, a victim may become paraplegic or quadriplegic. Spinal cord injury cases can be frustrating due to the fact that they are commonly caused by the preventable errors of another person or business. This means that victims are unnecessarily injured due to the negligence of another person. Insurance companies know how costly a spinal cord injury case can be and they will do everything in their power to blame victims for their injuries.
At Schlacter Law, we know how devastating and catastrophic spinal cord injuries cases may be for victims and their families. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000 and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We will not let insurance companies minimize your injuries or blame you for your catastrophic spinal cord injuries. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to investigate your claim to prove damages and liability. We only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our spinal cord accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Schlacter Law is Different for Spinal Cord Injury Victims
We understand that victims of spinal cord injuries deserve special care and attention. Our well-trained legal staff will do everything within their power to make sure a spinal cord injury victim has their rights protected. We keep open lines of communication with clients to make sure they are well informed of their case as it progresses. We aggressively seek medical records, bills, and police reports or investigations to help build a case. This includes looking for surveillance videos to help establish what happened or using experts to help prove your case. We do everything while at the same time making the clients feel comfortable.
Types of Spinal Cord Injury Cases We Handle
Our experienced spinal cord injury lawyer will handle any spinal cord injury case, mild or severe. This is because there really is no such thing as a “mild” spinal cord injury case. Even temporary disable or shock can have a permanent effect on the central nervous system, including making a person more likely to suffer serious spinal cord injuries in the future. Some of the types of spinal cord injury cases that we handle include the following:
- Partial paraplegia
- Total paraplegia
- Partial quadriplegia
- Total quadriplegia
- Disc herniations
- Disc bulges
- Any other spinal cord injury or damage
Get Started Today with Schlacter Law
Victims who have suffered spinal cord injuries due to another person or business’ negligence should ask our spinal cord injury lawyer at Schlacter Law to help protect their rights. Insurance adjusters are specifically trained in spinal cord injury cases to minimize your damages and maximize your fault. Some of their aggressive tactics border unethical and are meant to get you to accept much less than you deserve.
We won’t let that happen to you. If you suffered a serious or catastrophic spinal cord injury due to the negligence of another, call our spinal cord injury lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but are not limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many possible causes of spinal cord injuries, but the most common causes of spinal cord injuries include motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle crashes, trucking wrecks, slip and falls or trip and falls, medical malpractice, construction site accidents, and any other personal injuries. Spinal cord injuries are very serious and should be handled by law firms such as Schlacter Law.
Four years in a motor vehicle accident, including a motorcycle accident, bicycle accident, or trucking accident. Two years for medical malpractice cases, unless the injury was not reasonably discovered, then it is two years from the date the injury or malpractice should have been discovered.
At Schlacter Law, nothing is paid upfront. We know that spinal cord injuries are debilitating and result in high medical bills while being out of work. We do not ask for any money upfront and use a contingency fee agreement. This means you only pay a percentage of what we recover for you in a settlement or award.