Bicycle accidents can result in catastrophic personal injuries. Unlike passengers in motor vehicles, bicycle riders do not have safety equipment such as airbags, seatbelts, or even just the steel walls of the car to protect them from impact. Bicyclists also have a smaller profile making them harder to see and gauge distance or speed. When a motor vehicle collides with a bicycle rider, common injuries are spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and broken bones. But when seriously injured, the last thing a victim wants to do is handle the legal process by trying to make a claim. Insurance companies know this and try to make filing a claim more difficult for individuals injured in bicycle accidents.
At Schlacter Law, we do not let insurance companies take advantage of bicycle accident victims. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, and $790,000 in motor vehicle accident cases alone. We force insurance companies to pay claims at a fair price to compensate victims and their families. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our bicycle accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why is Schlacter Law Different Than Other Law Firms?
With Schlacter Law, you get personalized representation from our award-winning law firm focused on helping you and your family more forward after a catastrophic accident. Our bicycle accident attorney has experience representing victims throughout Florida against some of the largest insurance companies throughout the United States. We have leading experts available to help advise us on your injuries, future needs, and to fairly calculate your lost wages or lost future earnings. Coupled with our aggressive and high-energy approach, we turn the tables on insurance companies and force them to pay you what you deserve for your bicycle accident claim. If they fail to cooperate, we will stand up for your rights in a courtroom to ensure you get the maximum compensation you may be entitled to.
Injured in a Bicycle Accident? Get Us On Your Team
You have rights to protect if another person, business, or state agency caused your injuries due to careless or reckless conduct. Insurance companies know this and will do everything in their power to make your claim more difficult. Fight back with Schlacter Law to ensure the insurance company pays what they owe you. If you were injured in a bicycle accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our bicycle accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation and strategy session to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Victims who have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident claim may recover damages. Under Florida law, damages is the measure of relief that a victim may be entitled to in a claim. In a bicycle accident, victims may be entitled to monetary compensation for their damages including pain and suffering, lost wages, lost future earnings, past and future medical bills, loss of consortium, modifications to one’s home or vehicle, medication costs, property damage costs, and other damages or injuries related to the bicycle accident.
Yes, however, sometimes insurance companies do not always pay that claim. Generally, a bicyclist is entitled to file a PIP claim up to $10,000. This is because a bicyclist is considered a pedestrian under Florida insurance law. This means that a bicyclist will have to look to his or her own insurance company for PIP coverage. But if the bicyclist does not have a motor vehicle or auto insurance, filing a claim may be much more difficult. Ask our bicyclist accident lawyer how we may be able to help.
Schlacter Law understands that bicycle accident victims have increased medical bills and decreased income from not being able to work due to serious injuries. This is why we operate on a contingency fee basis which means you do not owe us any money upfront and you only pay us when we recover compensation for your claim. This allows you to keep money to pay your bills, not your lawyer fees. This is another reason why Schlacter Law is different.