Truck accidents involving 18-wheelers, box trucks, and other semi tractor-trailers can be incredibly destructive. The size and weight of a large truck can easily crush anything it hits and cause catastrophic personal injuries, especially when the accident occurs at high speeds. Injuries from truck accidents can require multiple surgeries, months away from work, and cause life-changing disability if a victim survives, though many truck accidents result in fatal injuries. Victims of any truck accident could have overwhelming medical issues and near-insurmountable medical bills to manage, all while being out of work. The trucking company’s insurance company will also likely call and blame you for the crash, minimize your injuries, and may even file a claim for property damage against you. Don’t let this happen.
At Schlacter Law, we know how devastating and debilitating a truck accident can be. We do not let insurance companies bully us or our injured clients around. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in just car accident cases alone. Our trained staff fights back at trucking companies and their teams of lawyers to make sure we recover the compensation our clients need to move forward with their lives after such a catastrophic truck accident. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we will conduct a full investigation that may include using leading experts to prove the fault of the truck driver and trucking company. Call our award-winning team by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our truck accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you and what your case is worth.
What Makes a Trucking Accident Different
Trucking accidents are not like car accidents. You cannot use merely any personal injury lawyer or car accident lawyer to handle your truck accident case. Truck accidents have unique issues that require an experienced lawyer and legal team such as Schlacter Law to handle your claims for you. Some of the unique issues in trucking accidents include the following:
- Truck drivers and trucking companies are not always from Florida, which creates jurisdiction issues
- Extensive regulations by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) apply
- Truck “black box” or ECM data must immediately be acquired and preserved
- Truck insurance carriers are some of the most aggressive and well-trained adjusters who know how to trick lawyers who do not regularly handle truck accidents
- Damages are almost always catastrophic and require extensive medical knowledge
Hire a Trucking Accident Lawyer for Your Claim
Trucking accidents are not like other auto accidents, and Schlacter Law is not like other law firms. Our aggressive and award-winning team is exactly what you need when a negligent truck driver or trucking company causes catastrophic injuries to you or a loved one. We can help recover money for medical bills, vehicle repairs, lost wages, and the pain and suffering you have endured. If you were injured in a trucking accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our truck accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation and strategy session to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our award-winning team is trained and experienced in handling catastrophic truck accident cases. At Schlacter Law, we know that a lawyer cannot handle a truck accident case as they would a regular auto accident. If we accept your case, we immediately jump into action by aggressively pursuing your claim, preserving evidence, and fighting to maximize the compensation to which you may be entitled. We’ll use leading experts to prove your damages, establish liability, and calculate your lost wages, future earnings, and future medical needs such as surgery. In trucking cases, preservation of evidence is absolutely necessary. Further, these cases are very expensive. Our firm has the legal and financial resources not only to work extremely fast at preserving evidence, but also to take the case to trial if necessary.
It is not required, but it will be next to impossible to maximize the value of a large trucking accident case without a law firm such as Schlacter Law. You need to have a well-trained and experienced legal team on your side when you battle against a trucking company and its team of lawyers. These trucking cases are not easy cases to handle, especially if you suffered terrible personal injuries. Having a truck accident lawyer to navigate you through the jurisdictional issues; the multiple Defendants; the various insurance policies; the federal, state and local laws; and the federal and state motor carrier regulations is crucial to protecting your rights.
Schlacter Law uses a contingency fee agreement with personal injury victims, which means that we only get paid when you get paid. The contingency fee is a percentage of what is recovered. This allows our clients to focus on medical treatment and not paying for an expensive lawyer.