Victims of train accidents often suffer catastrophic, life-changing injuries. These injuries frequently require costly medical care that can take months or even years to get a victim back to work. Insurance companies know how devastating injuries from train accidents can be. They have well-trained adjusters who learn tricks on how to get you to believe your case is worth less and how your injuries are not as severe. However, train accidents do not happen without the negligence of the operator or someone else. Do not allow an insurance company to pass the fault of a negligent train company to you. How is that fair?
At Schlacter Law, we know that train accidents are catastrophic and life-threatening. We will not allow an insurance company to hide from its legal obligations by shielding a negligent train company. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to investigate the cause of the train crash and your injuries. We only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our train accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Schlacter Law is Different
Not only do you get an experienced lawyer, but you also get an award-winning law firm with Schlacter Law. Our aggressive and high-energy team works hard to protect the rights of our clients and their families. We do not allow insurance companies or negligent parties to push around our clients. We work effectively to recover the compensation to which a victim may be entitled.
Having an experienced team is particularly important in train accident cases where there are state laws, federal laws, and both state and federal regulations that could be relevant to the case. This complex matrix of laws and regulations can overwhelm an inexperienced or unorganized law firm. This is why Schlacter Law is the law firm for you and your family after a train accident.
Victims of Train Accidents Need to Get Schlacter Law
At Schlacter Law, we do not charge a victim or their family any money upfront to start working on their train accident case. We use a contingency fee agreement which means we only get paid a percentage after you get paid in a settlement or recovery.
If you were injured in a train accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our train accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but are not limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, four years from the date of the accident causing personal injuries or two years from the date of the accident causing the wrongful death of a person. However, when a state agency is involved that time period may only be three years. Additionally, if a federal agency is involved it may be as low as two years. The time periods for train accidents are heavily fact-dependent and victims should immediately consult with a train accident lawyer to learn how to protect his or her rights to compensation.
The owner, driver, maintenance team, servicer, repair company, independent contractors, or other guests may all be responsible for a train accident. This includes accidents involving a collision with another vehicle or train, but also accidents caused by slipping and falling or tripping and falling while getting on or off the train. Additionally, other drivers who cause a train accident by recklessly trying to “beat” a train could be liable for a train accident as well.
Victims harmed by a negligent driver may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, property damage, and other damages caused in a train accident.