Jet Ski Accidents
Jet ski accidents can result in catastrophic personal injuries given the exposure of the rider without any walls or a hull to protect them. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones are common jet ski accident injuries. While some of these injuries may appear to be due to the rider’s fault, this is often not true. Owners and operators are responsible for maintaining their jet ski in good working condition. When they cut corners by making their own repairs or failing to make any repairs, it could result in malfunctions which could cause a jet ski to flip over, have a steering failure, or be unable to stop. Insurance companies know how devastating the injuries in a jet ski accident could be and will do everything they can to blame victims for their injuries when a jet ski malfunctions. But that is not fair.
At Schlacter Law, we know that jet ski accidents could result in catastrophic personal injuries such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, or broken bones. We also know how insurance companies will try to spin your jet ski accident to be your fault, even if it malfunctions. We won’t let that happen. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000 and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their injuries. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our jet ski accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why You Need an Experienced Jet Ski Accident Lawyer
If you are injured in a jet ski accident, you need a law firm like Schlacter Law on your side. Not only is this because jet ski accidents are more complicated than other types of personal injury cases, but they are usually hotly contested. This is because most owners, operators, and insurance companies will blame a jet ski rider for his or her injuries. Given that there are state, federal, and even possibly international maritime law that could apply, many defendants think they can trick jet ski riders into accepting less money than they deserve.
Our lawyers understand liability issues surrounding jet ski accidents. We will navigate you through the complicated claims process to ensure that your rights to compensation are protected. This includes hiring industry-leading experts who know how jet skis are supposed to be maintained and who can recreate an accident.
Injuries from Jet Ski Accidents that We Can Help You Recover Compensation For
Victims of a jet ski accident could be seriously harmed or catastrophically injured because their body is exposed similarly to a motorcycle rider or bicyclists. This means there are no airbags, seatbelts, or even the walls of a vessel to protect a rider from impact with any other object, another vessel, or even just the water at high speed. Some of the common types of jet ski injuries we handle include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractured bones, including compound fractures
- Burns from explosions or fires on jet skis
- Head injuries
- Organ damage
- Nerve injuries, including brachial plexus or facial nerve injuries
- Torn muscles or tendons
- Disc herniation in the back
- Neck or back injuries
- Any other injury from a jet ski accident
Were You Hurt in a Jet Ski Accident? We Can Help You Today
Here at Schlacter Law, we do not charge victims of jet ski accidents any money upfront to start handling their case. Victims of jet ski accidents will only pay once we recover compensation for them in a settlement or award. It is important to get a jet ski accident lawyer because there is a confusing combination of state, federal, and international maritime law that owners and their insurance companies may try to hide behind. Don’t let this happen.
If you suffered personal injuries due to the negligence of another on a jet ski, call our jet ski accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but are not limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Four years from the date of your accident for a basic negligence action. However, if a jet ski occurred on a cruise or boat that was in international waters, that time period may be different. It is important to always ask a jet ski accident lawyer how to protect your rights as soon as you can after any type of jet ski accident.
Owners, rents, managers, maintenance teams, other jet skiers, and even state agencies may be liable for a jet ski accident. This is particularly true if you were injured when you rented a jet ski. Renting companies must ensure that their products are safe and well-maintained. If they fail to keep their jet skis in good, working order they may be liable for injuries caused by a defect or lack of proper maintenance. In addition, other jet skiers could be liable for causing a serious personal injury in a crash or collision. Finally, state agencies could be responsible for a jet ski accident if they failed to mark off certain areas along the docks, docks, marinas, or other navigable waterways. This includes failing to maintain warning signs along a waterway. Always ask a jet ski accident lawyer who may be liable for your jet ski crash to ensure you recover compensation from all defendants who may have caused you harm.
Pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, lost future earnings, loss of time with family, mobility assistance devices like wheelchairs or canes, future medical expenses, and other damages related to your jet ski accident.