Slip & Falls
Slip and falls are one of the leading causes of accidental injuries in the United States. Most people that fall blame themselves for their accident. However, many times a slip and fall is not caused by your actions but actually due to the negligence of a property owner. Some slip and falls can be avoided by simply wiping up a spill on the floor or stabilizing a wobbly railing. Far too many property owners fail to take these simple steps in making their premises safe. Slip and fall accidents can leave victims with hefty medical bills and lost wages from work, as well as permanent injuries. However, property owners and their insurance companies will usually blame the victim for falling. This isn’t right.
At Schlacter Law, we know that slip and fall accidents could be embarrassing to admit you fell and got hurt. However, what is really embarrassing is how some property owners maintain their premises and expose innocent people to unnecessary risks. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients in just slip and fall accident cases alone. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their injuries. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to investigate your claim to prove damages and liability against a negligent property owner. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our slip and fall accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Schlacter Law is Different
Our well-trained and experienced legal team provides victims of slip and fall accidents with personalized attention. Whether you have a broken bone or catastrophic brain injury, we ensure that your rights under the law are protected. We work with leading experts to help prove your damages and establish liability against a negligent party.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our slip and fall accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Slip and fall cases are some of the most difficult cases to prove in court. Florida has made it very difficult for slip and fall victims to pursue their rights in court, because you must provide that the owner of the premises had actual or constructive notice of the dangerous condition. Proving this is extremely difficult even with the most experienced representation. However, Schlacter Law has won cases even without necessary evidence such as photographs, surveillance footage, and witnesses. Further, even if you do not know what you fell on, you still could have a case. Schlacter Law uses leading industry experts to find the root cause of your accident even if you do not know what caused your fall. To maximize the value of the case a slip and fall lawyer usually looks for:
- Photographs of the floor and dangerous condition.
- Surveillance footage.
- Accident Reports or evidence proving you were on the premises.
- Evidence of prior slip and fall accidents.
Yes, it is common to commence a slip and fall action against a property owner who has failed to comply with statutory law, building codes, or property maintenance codes. These codes must be followed by any property owner that the codes apply to. The failure to comply with these codes could be proven through the use of an engineer or other experts, as well as decisional law. These code violations can be used to prove negligence.
Yes, sometimes a building code is not violated but the common law standard of negligence is breached. This can occur when a property owner failed to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition by allowing conditions that are dangerous, hazardous, or otherwise harmful on their property.
Yes, you may be entitled to commence an action against your landlord if your landlord is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of common areas such as stairs, hallways, and other common areas in your apartment complex. You may also be entitled to sue your landlord if he or she hides a defect in your apartment or otherwise negligently repairs the premises, which resulted in your injuries. There may be other instances where you may be entitled to commence an action against a landowner, which should be reviewed by an experienced slip and fall attorney.
Nothing until you recover compensation through a settlement or an award. Slip and fall attorneys use contingency fee arrangements which means they get a percentage of what they recover for you. Schlacter Law typically charges just 33.33% before a lawsuit is filed.