Brain Injuries Lawyer
Suffering any type of brain injury can be confusing and devastating. When that brain injury is caused by the negligence of another person or business, it can also be extremely frustrating. This is because brain injuries are traumatizing and usually permanent. The road to recovery can be long, difficult, and expensive because brain injuries do not heal like a broken bone or torn muscle. Insurance companies know how expensive a brain injury case can be and will do everything in their power to minimize your injuries. Do not let this happen.
At Schlacter Law, we know how truly devastating and debilitating a brain injury can be. Whether it was caused by a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or construction accident, we will work hard to ensure that an insurance company does not cheat our client out of the compensation they deserve. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their brain injuries. The truth is that there is no “mild” brain injury—all are very severe and serious. We offer a FREE consultation and strategy session. If we accept your case, we will likely hire industry-leading experts to investigate your claim. We only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our brain injury lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Schlacter Law is Different for Brain Injury Cases
If you have suffered a brain injury from the negligence of another, you cannot get any personal injury lawyer. You need to retain a brain injury lawyer such as our experienced lawyer and award-winning legal firm that knows what they are doing. Because brain injuries are not like broken bones, medical experts are commonly needed to review, evaluate, and render an opinion as to the brain injury and prognosis. This is difficult because some brain injuries do not show up on imaging studies.
Here at Schlacter Law, we may use medical experts to demonstrate the link between the defendant’s negligence and your brain injury. This may be done by having experts review your medical records before and after the accident causing a brain injury. We may also need a medical expert to evaluate and determine what your future disabilities are and what your future medical needs will be as you age. This can be incredibly difficult and requires using leading experts in the medical field, including neurosurgeons, life care planners, and other health professionals.
This is a daunting process that can easily overwhelm an inexperienced law firm. However, at Schlacter Law we have developed a system to process your brain injury claims. Our system has allowed us to recover millions of dollars for victims of Florida personal injury accidents, including brain injury victims.
Because the brain injuries suffered by individuals as a result of an accident are so severe, you do not want to have any lawyer; you want to hire a compassionate and understanding lawyer. Our lawyer is a family man and understands that family comes first. Schlacter Law will treat you like family while aggressively fighting for what is rightfully yours. We want our clients to feel informed and comfortable at all times.
What Types of Brain Injury Cases Can Schlacter Law Handle
Our award-winning legal firm can help you handle any type of brain injury case. Brain injury cases are largely fought over the medicine and your disability. Therefore, it does not matter if a car, train, plane, boat, or truck caused your brain injury. We can help you for all of these. Some examples of brain injury cases that we can handle for you include the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents such as car accidents, motorcycle crashes, and trucking wrecks
- Slip and falls, trip and falls, or other premises liability cases including at hotels, resorts, or businesses
- Medical malpractice including birth injuries, surgical errors, and anesthesia mistakes
- Construction accidents including falls from a height, facing debris, and explosions
- Workplace accidents, including falls, assaults, or accidents
- Any other type of accident possibly causing a brain injury
What Compensation Could I Get for My Brain Injury Case?
A victim who has suffered a brain injury due to the negligence of another may be entitled to “damages.” Under Florida law, damages are the measure of relief that a victim may be entitled to in a lawsuit. Personal injury victims are usually awarded monetary compensation for their damages. This means that victims may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Past pain and suffering from the date of the accident to the date of settlement or award
- Future pain and suffering from the date of the recovery to the rest of the life of the victim
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages from the accident or medical treatment
- Lost future earnings if the victim is unable to return to the same line of work
- Loss of consortium and services from loved ones
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Wrongful death if the victim passes away due to the brain injury, and
- Any other damages caused by the brain injury.
The amount of a settlement or jury award varies greatly on many factors, including the facts of the case and the extent of your injuries. Expenses such as medical bills, car repair bills, lost wages, and other monetary losses can help start the process. Determining your compensation for pain and suffering is more difficult and is generally what is reasonable compensation for your injuries. There are many ways to calculate the pain and suffering component. Some lawyers take a multiple of the medical bills. For example, if your medical bills are $100,000, the pain and suffering award could be three times that amount at $300,000. Some lawyers only present a fair number depending on factors such as the severity of the case, the jury, the judge, and the insurance company. At Schlacter Law our goal is to maximize this amount, putting more money in our clients’ pockets.
How Much Does a Brain Injury Lawyer Cost?
At Schlacter Law, our brain injury lawyer does not cost any money upfront. When we accept your case, we will immediately begin working for you without charging you any money. We will fight the insurance company to protect your claim. We will gather evidence of your injuries and prove liability, including hiring experts, at no cost to you. Our experienced lawyer will work to negotiate your claim or protect your rights in a courtroom without you having to pay us until we recover compensation for you.
We know that after a personal injury accident causing a serious brain injury, you do not have money for medical bills and a lawyer when you are out of work. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only have to pay us a percentage once we recover compensation for your brain injury. At Schlacter Law we only charge 33.33% of the final settlement or award before litigation commences.
Get Schlacter Law on Your Side
Do not hire any lawyer for a brain injury. Hire our experienced brain injury lawyer at Schlacter Law who has recovered millions of dollars for victims and is backed by an award-winning law firm. If you were injured in any Florida accident and suffered a brain injury or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our brain injury lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation and strategy session to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Victims with brain injuries have four years from the date of injury if it was due to the negligence of another person or business. If the brain injury was caused by medical malpractice, a victim has two years from the date of the medical malpractice. There may be some factors which may extend or shrink these time periods. It is best to always get counseling from a brain injury attorney.
In very serious cases with brain injuries where competency is an issue, yes, it is always best to have a legal guardian. Florida law prescribes who may act as a legal guardian, including sometimes by default (children). Make sure to address competency issues with a brain injury lawyer before any legal actions are taken to protect your rights.
Families who have a child who suffered a brain injury during childbirth generally have until the child’s eighth birthday to commence an action. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. Anytime a child has suffered any birth injury, especially a brain injury, always consult immediately with an attorney who will guide you through the process like Schlacter Law.