Back Injuries Lawyer
Back injuries are one of the most common injuries in any personal injury action. Back injuries can be debilitating and their recovery can be prolonged. Some back injuries require surgery while other back surgeries cannot be operated on and will permanently produce disability and pain. Individuals with severe back injuries may need to have portions of the spine fused together in an invasive procedure known as a spinal fusion. Back injuries could be caused by many different types of accidents, including motor vehicle crashes, slip and falls, and medical malpractice. The one truth about all types of accidents is that they are usually unnecessary and preventable. This means that victims with back injuries are suffering due to the careless or reckless acts of another person or business.
At Schlacter Law, we fight hard for victims of any accident who suffer back injuries. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their injuries. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will conduct an investigation and may hire leading experts to help prove liability and your injuries. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our back injury lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Types of Back Injury Cases That We Handle
Our well-trained firm at Schlacter Law can handle any personal injury accidents that result in serious back injuries. We have the experience and knowledge necessary to protect the rights of victims injured from a careless, reckless, and negligent person who causes serious back injuries. This includes some of the following types of cases:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Slip and falls
- Trucking accidents
- Negligent security
- Trip and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Construction site injuries
- Any other types of personal injuries
Get Started with Schlacter Law Today
Back injury cases can be very debilitating and serious cases. Recovery can be prolonged or never fully occur. You need to make sure you hire a back injury lawyer that can help you protect your rights to full compensation for your permanent injuries. If you suffered a serious or catastrophic back injury due to the negligence of another, call our back injury lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What compensation may I recover for a back injury?
Victims who have suffered a back injury may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, lost future earnings, and loss of consortium. The victims of back injuries are unique due to the fact that it can take months or years for the injury to heal, and it may not heal correctly. This usually means that victims with back injuries will require future surgeries or medical procedures such as injections. Compensation for these future medical procedures may also be recovered.
Under Florida law, damages are the measure of relief that a victim may be entitled to in a lawsuit. Personal injury victims are usually awarded monetary compensation for their damages. This means that victims may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Past pain and suffering from the date of the accident to the date of settlement or award
- Future pain and suffering from the date of the recovery to the rest of the life of the victim
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages from the accident or medical treatment
- Lost future earnings if the victim is unable to return to the same line of work
- Loss of consortium and services from loved ones
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Wrongful death if the victim passes away due to the injury
- Any other damages caused by the back injury.
The amount of a settlement or jury award varies greatly on many factors, including the facts of the case and the extent of your injuries. Expenses such as medical bills, car repair bills, lost wages, and other monetary losses can help start the process. Determining your compensation for pain and suffering is more difficult and is generally what is reasonable compensation for your injuries. There are many ways to calculate the pain and suffering component. Some lawyers take a multiple of the medical bills. For example, if your medical bills are $100,000 the pain and suffering award could be three times that amount at $300,000. Some lawyers only present a fair number depending on many factors such as the severity of the case, the jury, the judge and the insurance company. At Schlacter Law, our goal is to maximize this amount, putting more money in our clients’ pockets.
What happens if I suffer a back injury at work?
Workers’ compensation may cover for back injuries suffered at work. This allows for victims to get medical bills and lost wages paid. However, this generally means that an employee cannot sue their employer. However, if the back injuries were caused by the negligence of another person or business other than the employer, a victim with back injuries may be able to commence an action against that negligent third-party for compensation.
How much does a back injury lawyer cost?
Personal injury lawyers take cases on contingency fee agreements. Victims pay a percentage of their recovery to their lawyer. Here at Schlacter Law, we take no money upfront and charge once we collect a settlement or award.