Scooter Accidents Lawyer
Scooter accidents are becoming more common due to their increased use and more accessible pricing. Many victims of scooter accidents suffer severe personal injuries including head injuries, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones. Insurance companies like to blame the scooter rider as reckless or careless in order to minimize their driver’s liability or the victim’s injuries. The truth is that most scooter accident victims were injured due to a motorist’s preventable errors yielding to a scooter rider. Other times, motorists just failed to see and avoid a scooter rider. It is not fair to blame a scooter rider for the negligence of another motorist.
At Schlacter Law, we do not let motorists and insurance companies blame scooter riders for a driver’s reckless conduct. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their injuries. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to investigate your claim to prove damages and liability against a negligent motorist. We only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our scooter accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Our Proven Track Record
In 2019, we recovered $1.625 million in a scooter accident case. We represented a young man who was struck by a company van on his way home from work while driving a motor scooter. Our client suffered a broken femur fracture (upper leg) with a distal radius fracture (wrist) resulting in significant bone loss and post-traumatic arthritis. During our aggressive investigation phase, we uncovered cell phone records that demonstrated the defendant was distracted on his cell phone at the time of the accident. The matter settled a month before trial, and we were thrilled with the result. We have also recovered millions of dollars for additional scooter cases in Florida.
Get Started with Our Law Firm
If you were injured in a scooter accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our scooter accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What damages could I get in a scooter accident?
You may be entitled to pain and suffering, all medical bills (past and future), lost wages, lost future earnings, physical or occupational therapy, loss of consortium, property damages, and any other damages due to the negligence of the scooter accident.
Under Florida law, damages are the measure of relief that a victim may be entitled to in a lawsuit. Personal injury victims are usually awarded monetary compensation for their damages. This means that victims may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Past pain and suffering from the date of the accident to the date of settlement or award
- Future pain and suffering from the date of the recovery to the rest of the life of the victim
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages from the accident or medical treatment
- Lost future earnings if the victim is unable to return to the same line of work
- Loss of consortium and services from loved ones
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Wrongful death if the victim passes away due to the scooter accident
- Any other damages caused by the brain injury.
The amount of a settlement or jury award varies greatly on many factors, including the facts of the case and the extent of your injuries. Expenses such as medical bills, car repair bills, lost wages, and other monetary losses can help start the process. Determining your compensation for pain and suffering is more difficult and is generally what is reasonable compensation for your injuries. There are many ways to calculate the pain and suffering component. Some lawyers take a multiple of the medical bills. For example, if your medical bills are $100,000 the pain and suffering award could be three times that amount at $300,000. Some lawyers only present a fair number depending on many factors such as the severity of the case, the jury, the judge and the insurance company. At Schlacter Law our goal is to maximize this amount, putting more money in our clients’ pockets.
How long do I have to file a scooter accident claim?
Four years from the date of the scooter accident, or two years from the date of death if the scooter accident caused the wrongful death of a client. Make sure to ask our law firm for help in any scooter accident case.
How much does a scooter accident lawyer cost?
No money upfront because of a contingency fee agreement. This means that a victim will only pay a percentage of what the scooter accident lawyer recovers in a settlement or verdict.