Birth Injuries Attorney
Birth injuries suffered to your newborn can bring dread and intense worry. This is because birth injuries could result in catastrophic damage to a child. Birth injuries could also bring extreme frustration and even anger when the birth injuries are caused by the reckless, careless, or negligent conduct of a healthcare provider. Often, a birth injury is a type of preventable, avoidable medical error. Families who had a child diagnosed with a birth injury may be entitled to compensation for the rest of their child’s life. Insurance companies know this and will do everything in their power to blame natural consequences, the mother, or even the baby for birth injuries. That is not acceptable.
Here at Schlacter Law, we understand that the physical and emotional consequences of a birth injury could result in financial strain and stress on a child’s family. We will not let an insurance company blame a mother or an innocent newborn for a birth injury caused by a neglectful nurse or a dangerous doctor. Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and medical experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our birth injury lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Schlacter Law is Different Than Other Law Firms
If your child suffered catastrophic birth injuries, you cannot hire merely any personal injury lawyer or even any medical malpractice lawyer. You need a birth injury lawyer such as our experienced lawyer at Schlacter Law. There are special legal and medical issues in birth injury cases that require someone who is familiar with and understands how birth injury cases work.
At Schlacter Law, our award-winning and experienced law firm will protect your child’s rights to compensation. We know how to prove the negligence of a healthcare provider or labor and delivery team. All birth injury cases are hotly contested because there are usually multiple defenses, which translates into multiple defense lawyers and multiple defense insurance companies all against just one plaintiff’s lawyer. Our high-energy and aggressive birth injury lawyer and our law firm should be that one.
Types of Birth Injury Cases That We Handle
Many different types of birth injuries could be caused by the negligence of a healthcare provider. We handle any type of birth injury case resulting in serious personal injuries to a newborn and caused by the negligence of a healthcare provider. Some of the types of birth injury cases that we handle include the following:
- Cerebral palsy caused by birth injuries
- Brachial plexus nerve injuries in the arm
- Facial nerve injuries
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
- Significant scarring or injuries
- Causes resulting in developmental delays
- Any other birth injuries caused by a negligent hospital, doctor, practice group, nurse, or other healthcare professional or provider
Fight Back with Schlacter Law
Birth injury cases are usually more difficult and take longer to handle, especially without a birth injury lawyer. Liability and damages are heavily contested in nearly all birth injury cases. If your newborn child has suffered catastrophic birth injuries due to the negligence of a healthcare provider or facility, call our birth injury lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Birth injury cases frequently result in catastrophic personal injuries. There is a wide range of possible disabilities that birth injuries cause to children. Because of this, there is also a wide range of compensation that a child may need to be able to live as normal of a life as possible, to pay for medical care and treatment, and to be able to afford the assistance he or she will need in the future. Some of the most important forms of compensation for a child suffering from negligent birth injuries include the following:
- Medical bills and expenses, including for future procedures
- Medication expenses now and in the future
- Therapy costs, including for physical, occupational, speech, development, and any other type of necessary therapy
- Surgical costs, if necessary
- Braces and ambulatory devices, including wheelchairs, walkers, or other technology
- Home and vehicle modifications, especially for wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Loss of affection and services from loved ones
- Any other damages caused by the birth injuries
Two years from the date that the medical malpractice was discovered or should have reasonably been discovered. For birth injuries, a family may have until the child’s eighth birthday to commence an action. However, some exceptions may extend these time periods or shrink these time periods. The best practice is to always file a claim within the shortest time period and not rely on any extensions. It is always important to consult with a birth injury lawyer as soon as possible.
At Schlacter Law, we know that birth injuries are costly and require parents to take time off of work. This combination of added expenses and lower income is a financial stress on a family. This is why we do not charge any money upfront for a birth injury case. We take birth injury cases on a contingency fee agreement, meaning families will only pay us once insurance companies pay the family. This allows a family to immediately get on an even playing ground with the defendants and insurance companies who have the money to hire lawyers to push families around. Don’t let that happen, call us.