Neck injuries are some of the most debilitating injuries after an accident. This is because neck injuries affect the entire spinal cord, therefore limiting your ability to carry bags or children, turn your head, or even simply sit upright. Most neck injuries are caused by motor vehicle accidents and the whiplash motor from an impact. Often, neck injuries require serious medical care and attention, sometimes surgery. The most frustrating aspect of most neck injuries is that they are unnecessarily caused by the reckless, careless, and other negligent conduct of other people. This is particularly true in motor vehicle accidents where neck injuries are caused by rear end collisions due to following too closely, distracted driving, or other preventable harm.
At Schlacter Law, we understand how debilitating a neck injury can be. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000 and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their neck injuries. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our neck injury lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Types of Neck Injury Cases That We Handle
Our well-trained staff knows how debilitating and disabling a neck injury case can be. This is particularly true if a victim needs a cervical spinal cord fusion or any back surgery. Schlacter Law handles many types of personal injury cases, including these types of neck injury cases:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and falls
- Trucking wrecks
- Scooter accidents
- Trip and falls
- Motorcycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Bicycle crashes
- Construction site accidents
- Many other types of neck injuries
Fight Back with Schlacter Law
Neck injury cases can be very costly for insurance companies who train their adjusters to minimize your claim. It costs nothing to get started with Schlacter Law and you only pay us once we recover your compensation. Have our well-trained staff and experienced lawyer start to fight back with the insurance company before it can trick you out of the money you deserve. If you suffered a serious or catastrophic neck injury due to the negligence of another, call our neck injury lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but are not limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Neck injuries are very serious cases and can result in compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, lost future earnings, loss of consortium, medical bills (past and present), property damage, and any other damages related to the neck injury. This includes the future need for physical therapy or painful injections.
Under Florida law, damages are the measure of relief that a victim may be entitled to in a lawsuit. Personal injury victims are usually awarded monetary compensation for their damages. This means that victims may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Past pain and suffering from the date of the accident to the date of settlement or award
- Future pain and suffering from the date of the recovery to the rest of the life of the victim
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages from the accident or medical treatment
- Lost future earnings if the victim is unable to return to the same line of work
- Loss of consortium and services from loved ones
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Wrongful death if the victim passes away due to the brain injury, and
- Any other damages caused by the neck injury.
The amount of a settlement or jury award varies greatly on many factors, including the facts of the case and the extent of your injuries. Expenses such as medical bills, car repair bills, lost wages, and other monetary losses can help start the process. Determining your compensation for pain and suffering is more difficult and is generally what is reasonable compensation for your injuries. There are many ways to calculate the pain and suffering component. Some lawyers take a multiple of the medical bills. For example, if your medical bills are $100,000 the pain and suffering award could be three times that amount at $300,000. Some lawyers only present a fair number depending on many factors such as the severity of the case, the jury, the judge and the insurance company. At Schlacter Law, our goal is to maximize this amount to put more money in our clients’ pockets.
Victims who suffer a neck injury while at work may be able to apply for workers’ compensation. These benefits pay for medical bills and lost wages, but do not allow an employee to sue an employer. However, if a third-party was negligent for causing your neck injuries, you may be entitled to commence an action against that negligent person or business.
At Schlacter Law, nothing is paid upfront. We take cases on a contingency fee agreement which means you pay us a percentage of what we recover in a settlement or an award.