Wrongful Death Lawyer
The unexpected death of a loved one can be physically, emotionally, and financially overwhelming for a family. Wrongful death can also be frustrating when it is caused by the careless, reckless, and negligent conduct of another person or business. Family members may be able to step into the shoes of their lost loved one to commence a wrongful death action for pain and suffering, lost financial support, and loss of society, guidance, and protection. Compensation from a wrongful death action can be used to help family members financially support themselves in the same manner that their lost loved one would have.
At Schlacter Law, we understand that no amount of money can bring back a loved one. But we also know that the loss of a loved one will have significant financial consequences to a family, especially if that family member was the main breadwinner of the family. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of a lost loved one by blaming them for the fatal accident. We offer a FREE consultation and legal strategy session, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our wrongful death lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why You Need to Hire Our Law Firm
Wrongful death cases are not like normal personal injury actions. These cases all start by having a personal representative appointed by a court. Under Florida law, the death of a loved one must have been caused by the actions of a negligent party that would have allowed the deceased to have a personal injury claim against the negligent party. This can be a complicated case to prove because your loved one is not able to testify as to what happened.
Experts are generally needed to reconstruct the accident and the injuries. A legal team also needs to obtain all medical records and police reports or investigations, as well as look for evidence such as surveillance videos. You need to have a family member appointed as a personal representative and protect the rights of your loved one.
Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Our experienced wrongful death law firm may take some of the following types of wrongful death cases:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Trucking accidents
- Slip and falls or trip and falls
- Motorcycle crashes
- Birth injuries
- Workplace accidents
- Bicycle collisions
- Construction site accidents
- Intentional torts like assault and battery
- Boating accidents
- Fires or explosions
- Any other types of wrongful deaths
Protect the Rights of a Lost Loved One With Our Wrongful Death Lawyer
The wrongful death of a loved one is a very difficult time for a family. While the last thing on most people’s minds is to get a lawyer, hiring a compassionate legal team such as ours at Schlacter Law can help guide you through this process and relieve stress on you and your family. Your family will be able to focus more on each other and healing while we handle the legal aspects of your case. If you lost a loved one due to the reckless, careless, or negligent acts of another, call our wrongful death lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
A personal representative can file a wrongful death claim. Generally, a personal representative is a surviving spouse, child, or parent. Other family members may have a claim. Ask a wrongful death lawyer if you believe you may have a wrongful death claim and want to learn how to become appointed as a personal representative.
Two years from the date of death. There may be some instances that extend or shrink that time period, which is why it is imperative to get to a wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible.
At Schlacter Law, nothing upfront. If we accept your case, we will handle your case without charging you until we recover compensation through a settlement or award. Because we know that your family has extreme financial burdens due to the wrongful death of a loved one, we accept cases on a contingency fee agreement, meaning we only accept a percentage of what we recover for you. This means that you do not owe us until we get money for you.