Vandalism is frustrating for homeowners and business owners alike and can happen to anyone at any time. This disruptive, criminal act can cost innocent people thousands of dollars to repair the damage. When a commercial property is vandalized, it can even result in a disruption of services and, thus, business interruption claims. The only thing more frustrating than vandalism itself is when an insurance company unexpectedly denies a vandalism claim. Sometimes the denials are inaccurate, whereas other times the denials are just plain unlawful.
At Schlacter Law, we understand that you have just been unexpectedly hit with expenses due to criminal activity. We will not let insurance companies take your premiums and refuse to pay your valid insurance claims due to unlawful conduct. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against insurance companies who refused to pay. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our vandalism claim lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
What Should I Do If Someone Vandalized My Property?
As soon as you discover vandalism to your property you should call the police. Not only is this to report the crime, but you do not know if the individuals are still lurking nearby or inside of your home or business seeking to commit further crimes against you. Police will respond, check the property and surrounding area, and begin to draft a report. This report may evolve as the investigation continues. Make sure that the police take photographs of the scene and the damage. You should also take photographs to ensure you have backups and access to the damage.
Next, make sure to alert your insurance company. While you can do this without a lawyer, it is better to have a lawyer help you through this process, because even minor omissions or mistakes in your application could result in full or partial denial. Insurance companies have trained their representatives to look for mistakes to maximize the amount they can deduct from your claim. Do not let this happen to you.
Get Schlacter Law to Support Your Vandalism Claim
When vandalism unexpectedly causes you serious damages interfering with your home or your business, call our vandalism claim lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but are not limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on the type of insurance policy that you have and the location of the vandalism. Generally, you may recover the cost of repairs to the damage done to your property. For businesses, you may be entitled to recover business interruption costs if you have that as part of your policy. It is important to ask a lawyer what compensation you may be entitled to for vandalism claims.
There are several reasons why an insurance company might deny your vandalism claim, including the following:
- They think the claim is fraudulent
- They lack sufficient evidence of the claim
- They disagree with the costs of repairs or lack information as to the costs of repairs
- Improper use of exclusions or exceptions in a policy
- They blame you for the vandalism
- Bad faith denials
- Other possible claims
Nothing upfront. In some instances where an insurance company improperly denies coverage or fails to honor a claim and you successfully challenge the insurance company in court, Florida law requires the insurance company to pay for your attorney’s fees. For help with claims, our compassionate law firm understands that you were the victim of criminal conduct and suffered an emotional and financial loss for no reason. At Schlacter Law, we let you keep money in your pocket for damages and expenses by agreeing to take your case on a contingency fee basis. This means that you only owe us compensation once we recover money for you.
Having an attorney at the outset puts you in a much better position to argue your case and to leverage a resolution at an early stage. A lawyer can quickly file a lawsuit if necessary. Sometimes a lawsuit can quickly change an insurance company’s mind. The cost of defense is a huge factor in determining what a claim is worth.