Business interruption claims are different than other types of insurance claims. You need to support your claim with both evidence of damage from the storm and evidence of business income. This evidence requires a lot more proof than most business owners realize. Insurance companies know this and will take advantage of business owners under duress from a storm to offer them less money than they are entitled. Sometimes insurance companies will even deny claims because they know that business owners are preoccupied with their repairs. This is not fair to businesses that have faithfully paid their premiums and now need help.
At Schlacter Law, we understand how difficult it is for a business owner to recover after a powerful Florida storm. We believe the insurance claim process should not be another disaster for you to navigate. We will not let insurance companies take your premiums and refuse to pay your valid insurance claims. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against insurance companies. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our business interruption claim lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Business Interruption Claims to Insurance Companies
A business interruption insurance policy is intended to compensate a business for the income that was lost during a time period of interruption due to a disaster like a hurricane. Some business interruption policies also pay for income that was lost after reopening but before income returned to what it was before the disaster.
Business interruption is an important insurance policy for many Florida businesses, and insurance companies know this. Issues usually arise when a severe hurricane or other storm causes widespread damages to a region. Many insurance companies have a significant number of claims filed with them and the insurance companies begin to unlawfully limit claims or create hurdles to delay the process. Unfortunately, many times this works because the overwhelming confusion after a hurricane can distract property owners and business owners.
Why We Are Different at Schlacter Law
Our experienced business interruption lawyer and our trained staff know how to support your claim for damage and lost income. We may use experts to determine the scope of your business damage. We may use other types of experts such as accountants or economists to prove the business income losses you sustained as a result of the storm. We stand up to insurance companies that employ abusive or unethical tactics to block your claims. Our award-winning staff will walk you through the claims process and fight back at overreaching claims adjusters.
Get Schlacter Law to Support Your Business Interruption Claim
Victims of windstorm and hurricane damage who are now having trouble with their business interruption insurance claim should ask our lawyer at Schlacter Law for help. The life and death of your business may hinge on your insurance claim. Florida law gives victims certain rights, and we can help to protect them. Call our business interruption claim lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but not be limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most insurance policies require you to give notice of damage as soon as it is discovered. It is imperative that as soon as you suffer any business interruption loss that you immediately notify your insurance company to start the claim process. Do not wait, ever. Many policies have exclusions that can bar your claims and may even use your delays against you in court.
The basic business interruption formula is net income + continuing expenses + extra/additional expenses = business interruption loss. Compensation that victims may recover in a business interruption claim include lost profits, fixed costs and expenses still being incurred by the damaged property, expenses for moving to a temporary location, commission and training costs for staff on new equipment that replaced damaged equipment, and other related business expenses interfered with by the storm.
Schlacter Law handles your claim on a contingency basis. Florida Law also provides for the lawyer to get paid directly from the insurance company if successful in court. Our goal at Schlacter Law is to maximize the amount of money in our clients pockets. We do not get paid unless our clients get paid.