Victims of fires, explosions, electric shock, and other accidents could suffer serious and catastrophic burn injuries. These burn injuries could cause both physical and psychological scars. Often, burn injuries result in significant medical bills, lost wages, and extreme pain and suffering. When someone else caused a burn injury due to reckless, careless, or negligent conduct, a victim may be entitled to seek compensation for his or her injuries. However, insurance companies know how costly burn injuries can be, so they will frequently try to lower their exposure by blaming you and the unpredictable nature of fire. Do not allow this to happen.
At Schlacter Law, we know that burn injuries are some of the most painful and devastating injuries that a victim of a negligent accident could endure. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients including, including victims suffering from burn injuries. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident, trying to rationalize that fires are unpredictable, or minimizing a victim’s injuries. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will hold the negligent party liable for your injuries. We only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our burn injury lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Causes of Burn Injuries
There are many types of fires and explosions that could cause burn injuries. In every type of case, you need to protect your rights with our burn injury lawyer because insurance companies know all the tricks on how to minimize burn injury claims. Our burn injury lawyer can help with the following cases:
- Fires, especially at work or in apartments
- Truck accidents and fires caused by a truck collision
- Tanker explosions and the resulting fire
- Construction site explosions
- Electrocution injuries at construction sites
- Motor vehicle accident fires
- Defective products or dangerous products
- Scalding pipe accidents
- Recreational fires such as at hotels, resorts, restaurants, nightclubs, concerts, or other places of entertainment
- Firework accidents
- Any other types of fires, explosions, or electric accidents causing burn injuries
How Much Does a Burn Injury Lawyer Cost?
Burn injury lawyers such as our lawyer at Schlacter Law do not cost any money upfront. This is because most personal injury lawyers take cases on a contingency fee agreement. This means that a victim only pays a percentage of the settlement or award. This means that a victim does not need to pay a burn injury lawyer until the victim gets paid.
There is No Risk to Get Our Help
If you suffered burn injuries or if a loved one was wrongfully killed in a fire, explosion, electrocution, or other accident, call our burn injury lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Victims who suffer burn injuries may be entitled to compensation for their damages which include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, lost future earnings, loss of consortium, and other damages related to the burn injuries. This includes future surgeries, procedures, skin grafts, or scar treatments.
Four years if the burn injuries were caused by the negligence of another such as a truck driver, premises liability case, or another motorists. Two years if the burn injuries were caused by the negligence of a medical professional. There are some extensions to these time periods, but there are also some instances where these time periods may be shorter. Always ask for a burn injury lawyer’s help in reviewing your claim.
Generally, yes. Burns create open wounds. It is a known risk that open wounds can be infected after a burn injury. This means that victims who have had severe burn injuries and then suffered a serious infection or sepsis could be able to claim these subsequent injuries against a negligent defendant. The infection and sepsis must be causally related to the burn injury, which is why a burn injury lawyer is necessary to maximize your personal injury claim.