Child Sex Abuse
Child sexual abuse causes physical, emotional, and psychological harm that can last a lifetime. Victims can suffer uncontrollable depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder which can have an effect on a person’s life even as an adult. While there is nothing that can be done to undo the harm, it is possible for victims to recover the compensation they need to move forward. This compensation can be used to pay for counseling, treatment, and other care needed for recovery. Unfortunately, most insurance companies do not think so and will vilely defend cases of child sex abuse.
At Schlacter Law, we stand with victims of child sex abuse to fight for their rights. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000 and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our client’s rights by shielding a defendant. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we will conduct a full investigation and may hire leading experts to help prove liability and your injuries. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our child sex abuse lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why is Schlacter Law Different?
Our compassionate legal team can work with child sex abuse victims and their families. We handle any type of child sexual abuse where a child or adolescent was forced into an uncomfortable position. We have a zero-tolerance stance and will not allow defendants to get off without paying for the compensation that our young client deserves. If we accept your case, we will conduct a full and aggressive investigation to ensure that your loved one gets the justice they deserve.
Types of Child Sex Abuse Cases That We Handle
Anytime that an innocent child is subjected to unlawful abuse, we may be able to help. We handle these types of child sex abuse cases:
- Psychological pressure or coercion
- Unlawful touching
- Indecent exposure
- Proliferating child pornography, or
- Any other type of child sex abuse on any child or adolescent.
It is FREE to Get Started with Schlacter Law
Our clients only pay us once we recover money for them. This is through a contingency fee arrangement which means a client only pays us if we settle or win at trial. Ask our child sex abuse lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but are not limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone who commits any crime of a sexual nature against a child could be liable. This includes teachers, caretakers, coaches, family members, or even parents. Any individual who sexually abuses a child in any of the manners listed above could be liable. Always ask our child sex abuse lawyer for help if you suspect that a child has been abused.
Unlike other personal injury cases, injuries from child sex abuse are not obvious. Sometimes a child has been told to not tell or even bribed not to tell. Other times a child has been threatened to keep it a secret. Many times young children do not understand the gravity of what has occurred. Therefore, being an advocate for your child is important and necessary. Watching out for warning signs such as inappropriate play of a sexual manner, using sexual words or phrases, inappropriate conduct, withdrawn behavior, childhood depression, unexplained physical injuries, or irrational behavior are all warning signs of possible abuse, especially child sex abuse.
Victims of child sex abuse may recover a wide-range of compensation which depends on the conduct, age of the child, effect on the child, and whether punitive damages are awarded. Physical pain and suffering and emotional pain and suffering, including anxiety, depression, and suicidal conduct are all common damages which may be compensated under Florida law. Speak with a child sex abuse attorney to learn more about what rights a victim may have.