Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer
A pedestrian accident could be one of the most catastrophic types of personal injury accidents. This risk is because a pedestrian does not have any protections such as a seat belt, airbag, or a helmet to protect him or her from an auto accident. Because of these factors, the common injuries after a pedestrian accident are devastating and life-changing, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and amputations. Most people hit by a car also do not know where to start the insurance claim process, particularly if they have been seriously injured.
At Schlacter Law, we know exactly where to start—with you. Our well-trained and compassionate team will meet with you to discuss what your legal options are and how we can begin to protect them. Filing a pedestrian accident claim can be very complicated, and our legal team can help to simplify what you need to do by taking over for you while you recover. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in just car accident cases alone. If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, get the help you deserve. We offer a FREE consultation and strategy session. If we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. You do not owe us anything until we recover money for your case. Call our award-winning firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our pedestrian accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you and what your case is worth.
How Can Our Attorney Help You?
Pedestrian knockdown cases are not like normal auto accident cases. Injuries are more severe, and liability can be more challenging, especially if you were not in the crosswalk. Unfortunately, insurance companies know this and will try to blame you for causing the accident and your injuries. Do not let this happen. If you were hit by a car, you may have rights under the law by filing a claim under your no-fault insurance carrier.
Here at Schlacter Law, our trained legal team helps victims injured in a pedestrian accident through this claims process. We will negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier to obtain the compensation you need for your pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. If negotiations are unsuccessful, we may pursue your remedies in court, including going to trial to prove your case.
Hire Schlacter Law to Represent You
A pedestrian accident is a devastating type of personal injury accident. Victims are typically seriously injured and suffer catastrophic losses when they are hit by a car. If you were injured in an auto accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our pedestrian accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to file a pedestrian accident claim?
Four years from the date of injury under Florida law. While this sounds like a long time, if you were catastrophically injured you may not be able to return to work for longer than four years. If you try to file a claim outside of the four-year time limit, your claim may be automatically dismissed. This is why it is crucial to always hire a pedestrian accident lawyer, especially if you have been seriously injured.
How is Schlacter Law different than other pedestrian accident law firms?
We know how difficult and devastating it can be for a victim and their family after being hit by a car. Our high-energy and compassionate team will work to make your life easier while you focus on healing. We will start obtaining your medical records, gathering evidence in an investigation, and start negotiations with the insurance company to fight for the most compensation that you may be entitled to for your injuries. We have successfully handled thousands of cases and have the industry experts and experience necessary to prove the most difficult liability cases (cases in which you are being blamed for the accident).
How much does a pedestrian accident lawyer cost?
A pedestrian accident lawyer will typically take a contingency fee. This is a fee that is based on a percentage of what a victim receives as compensation. Most firms charge between 33.33% and 40%. Our pedestrian accident lawyer usually charges 33.33% before litigation and you will only pay this percentage once we recover money for you.