Marine Claims Attorney
A big part of Florida life is boating and water use. Many residents and guests own boats, ships, and other watercraft that are docked here. These vessels are incredibly expensive, regardless of size. Cargo and equipment for boats can also be extremely expensive. Most owners purchase marine insurance for their vessels, especially owners of larger boats or those who use their vessels in part for business, such as fishing charters. Marine insurance can cover all costs related to the boat, including equipment, upgrades, and objects on the boat. In severe windstorms or hurricanes, marine insurance can cover damage for a ship that sinks or suffers any other type of catastrophic damage. That is how it is supposed to work, but often marine insurance companies deny claims for no reason or underpay insureds.
At Schlacter Law, we do not think it is fair for boat owners to pay their premiums and not get their full claims paid. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against insurance companies. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our marine claim lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Denied or Underpaid Marine Insurance Claims
Insurance companies know that boats and their equipment are expensive. After a serious windstorm or hurricane, insurance companies may have to shell out significant amounts of money to satisfy thousands of claims. As a result, insurance companies begin to deny or underpay claims to save money given the volume of claims. Other times, insurance companies try to confuse boat owners by complicating the claims process in order to get owners to make mistakes in the claims process.
Why Our Law Firm Is Different
We know these games that insurance companies play to deny or underpay marine insurance claims. We do not allow insurance companies to get away with this type of misconduct. Our high-energy and aggressive team has experience handling many types of property damage claims, including marine insurance claims. We use leading experts to help prove the extent of the damage and what the boat, plus its equipment, is worth. Our experienced lawyer will fight back to ensure that all boat owners get what they deserve in a marine claim.
We handle the following types of marine claims:
- Coverage disputes
- Appraisal disputes
- Sinking vessels
- Windstorm or hurricane damage
- Vandalism or boating accident damage
- Bad faith issues with the insurance company
- Hull damage claims
- Marine insurance issues for commercial boats like fishing boats, sightseeing boats, or other types
- of boats
- First-party and third-party claims on a boat
- Damage to a boat
- Mechanical failures
- Many other claims with a boat
Get Schlacter Law to Support Your Marine Damage Claim
Victims of windstorm and hurricane damage who are now having trouble with their marine insurance claim should ask our lawyer at Schlacter Law for help. Florida law gives victims certain rights, and we can help to protect them. Call our marine damage claim lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but not be limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most insurance policies require you to give notice of damage as quickly as possible. It is imperative that as soon as you suffer any marine loss or damage to your boat, ship, vessel, or equipment that you immediately notify your insurance company to start the claim process. Do not wait, ever. Many policies have exclusions that can bar your claims and may even use your delays against you in court. You typically have five years to initiate a breach of contract action but other notice limitations apply depending on the nature of the claim.
Nothing upfront. In some instances where an insurance company improperly denies coverage or fails to honor a claim and you successfully challenge the insurance company in court, Florida law requires the insurance company to pay for your attorney’s fees. Sometimes we take cases by agreeing to present you on a contingency fee basis. This means that you only owe us compensation once we recover money for you. This allows boat owners to keep more money in their pockets for expensive repairs until we recover a lump sum.