Premises Liability Attorney
Being injured on the property of another can be frustrating, confusing, and even embarrassing. All property owners must keep their property in a reasonably safe condition to avoid unnecessary harm to others. When property owners fail to do this, innocent people can get hurt. This is known as premises liability, and it holds negligent property owners responsible.
Here at Schlacter Law, we hold negligent property owners and property management teams responsible for premises liability accidents. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients in just premises liability cases alone. We make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of our clients by blaming them for the accident or minimizing their injuries. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to investigate your claim to prove damages and liability against a negligent property owner. We only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our premises liability lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Types of Premises Liability Cases We Can Help You With
Any injury on the land of another is a premises liability case. Some of the most common premises liability cases include the following:
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Hotel accidents
- Dog bites
- Train accidents
- Negligent security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Concert accidents
- Stairwell falls
- Elevator/escalator accidents
- Any other accidents that occur on the property of another person or business
Common Issues with Premises Liability cases
A premises liability case can be very complicated. These cases are complex because there are often multiple layers of liability, meaning there could be multiple insurance companies due to multiple people or entities being responsible for your premises liability accident. Some of the most common people or entities who could be liable include the following:
- Property owners
- Property managers
- Maintenance companies
- Repair companies
- Independent contractors
- Other guests or entrants like on hotels or resorts
- Any other person or entity exercising control over the land where you were injured
Victims of Premises Liability Cases Should Ask for Schlacter Law
Do not let a property owner or the insurance company blame you or belittle your injuries. Fight back to protect your rights. It costs nothing to hire our award-winning law firm to start investigating your claim. If you were injured in a premises liability accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our premises liability accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Under Florida law, four years from the date of injury or two years after a wrongful death caused by the premises liability accident. This time period is known as the statute of limitations. If you try to file a claim outside of the statute of limitations period, your claim may be automatically dismissed. While four years sounds like a long time, if you are catastrophically injured it may take that long to just become able to resume normal daily activities. As soon as you can, make sure to ask for a premises liability lawyer who can immediately protect your rights to compensation such as Schlacter Law.
There is no magic formula to determine how much a personal injury case may be worth. Your medical bills, lost wages, and future medical expenses are a good starting point. An experienced premises liability lawyer at Schlacter Law can help to estimate your possible recovery.
The amount of a settlement or jury award varies greatly on many factors, including the facts of the case and the extent of your injuries. Expenses such as medical bills, car repair bills, lost wages, and other monetary losses can help start the process. Determining your compensation for pain and suffering is more difficult and is generally what is reasonable compensation for your injuries. There are many ways to calculate the pain and suffering component. Some lawyers take a multiple of the medical bills. For example, if your medical bills are $100,000 the pain and suffering award could be three times that amount at $300,000. Some lawyers present a fair number depending on many factors, such as the severity of the case, the jury, the judge, and the insurance company. At Schlacter Law our goal is to maximize this amount by putting more money in our clients’ pockets.
Nothing upfront. Premises liability lawyers use a contingency fee agreement which means they get a percentage of the money they recover for you. This means you only pay that percentage when you collect a settlement or award. You do not owe us any money upfront to have us start fighting back at insurance companies for you.