A pipe burst could result in catastrophic and serious damage to an entire home. This is especially true if the pipe burst occurs on an upper floor. A business could also suffer significant damage if a pipe bursts outside of business hours, leaving owners to return to a catastrophe. Most insurance policies will cover a pipe burst, however, they will not make it any easier for you to file such a claim. Often, they will blame you for not repairing the damage before it even happens, or for failing to mitigate your damages.
At Schlacter Law, we understand how devastating it can be when a pipe bursts and you come home or to work with a catastrophe in front of you. We will not let an insurance company continue that catastrophe by making it harder for you to recover compensation for your loss. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against insurance companies. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to calculate your damages and to prove how the burst pipe damaged your home or business. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our pipe burst claim lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why is Schlacter Law Different?
Unlike public adjusters and other do-it-all law firms, Schlacter Law has the experience handling pipe burst claims in court. We will stand side-by-side with you and investigate the damage to your property. We may hire experts who will uncover damage and fairly estimate its value. We will not allow an insurance company to take advantage of you and your family when a pipe bursts and causes significant damage to your home or business.
Get Schlacter Law to Support Your Pipe Burst Damage Claim
Water damage is always invasive and destructive. When that water damage is caused inside of your home or business, the damage can be even worse. Insurance companies will try everything in their power to make pipe burst damage claims more difficult for you. But we will do everything in our power to make a pipe burst claim easier. We will make sure your claims are strong. Call our pipe burst damage lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but not be limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
As soon as you can do so. This is particularly true with any water damage claim like a pipe burst. Other damages like mold can immediately start, which insurance companies may quickly disclaim. Most insurance policies require you to give notice of damage within days of the claim. It is imperative that as soon as you suffer any damage, you should immediately contact your insurance company to open a claim. If the claim is denied or underpaid, you may have five years after the date of damage to commence a breach of contract action. Never delay in reporting any claim, especially a pipe burst damage claim.
It depends on what policy and coverage that you have. Pipe burst claims are types of water damage and are generally covered. However, water damage frequently results in the mold which is not covered in most policies. Most people may recover money in a pipe burst claim for the repairs, replacement value, displacement of living arrangements or business location, damage to personal property, and other types of damages to the property related to the pipe burst.
Nothing upfront. In some instances where an insurance company improperly denies coverage or fails to honor a claim and you successfully challenge the insurance company in court, Florida law requires the insurance company to pay for your attorney’s fees. At Schlacter Law, we let you keep money in your pocket for damages and expenses by agreeing to take your case on a contingency fee basis. This means that you only owe us compensation once we recover money for you.