Boat Accidents Lawyer
Boating accidents can result in catastrophic personal injuries or the wrongful death of innocent people. Often, boating accidents can be avoided with proper use and reasonable care. Unfortunately, many boat operators and owners fail to use reasonable care and are reckless, careless, and outright negligent in how they operate their boat. This could subject passengers to unnecessary harms. However, many boat operators and their owners will try to hide behind the complicated matrix of state, federal, and international maritime laws that make filing a claim without a lawyer significantly more difficult.
At Schlacter Law, we know that boating accident cases are not like regular personal injury actions. We understand how to navigate the complicated matrix of state, federal, and international maritime laws in order to get victims the compensation they deserve. We will not allow an insurance company to hide behind these legal hurdles to block your claim. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $2,076,758, $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in major personal injury accidents. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our boating accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Types of Boating Accident Cases We Handle
There are two types of boating accident cases that we handle. One type is boating accidents that occur due to the operation of the boat and the second type is boating accident cases where the injuries occurred on the boat. Both types of cases are trickier than a normal personal injury case due to the different bodies of law that may apply.
Our award-winning law firm handles the following type of boating accidents due to the operation of the boat:
- Drunk driving or DUI of a boat driver
- Hitting a big wage or wake at an excessive speed or wrong angle
- Negligently deciding to go into heavy weather or rough waves
- Operating at an unsafe and excessive speed
- Failing to carry the appropriate safety equipment
- Collisions with other boats or fixed objects
- Overcrowding or overloading a boat
- Driving a boat while drugged, high, or on prescription medication
- Other boat operation claims
We also handle accidents occurring on boats such as the following:
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Criminal assaults including sex offenses
- Docking accidents
- Fishing accidents
- Medical errors in treating conditions
- Falling objects
- Burns or fires
- Falling overboard
- Other injuries occurring onboard
Were You Hurt in a Boating Accident? We Can Help You Today
Here at Schlacter Law, we do not charge victims of boating accidents any money upfront to start handling their case. Victims of boating accidents will only pay once we recover compensation for them in a settlement or award. It is important to get a boating accident lawyer because there is a confusing combination of state, federal, and international maritime law that boat owners and their insurance companies may try to hide behind. Don’t let this happen.
If you suffered personal injuries due to the negligence of another on a boat, call our boating accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, four years from the date of the accident. However, there are some exceptions to this rule which may shrink the time period or extend it. This is particularly true in international waters or on state agency/government vessels like ferries. Always consult with a boating accident attorney to protect your rights.
The boat owner, captain, maintenance team, or other individual in control of or in possession of the boat you are on. In addition, if another boat strikes your boat and you sustain personal injuries, that boat owner, captain, or other agent could be responsible for your injuries. Always consult with our boating accident lawyers to learn who may be at fault for your boating injuries.
If you believe you may have caused your boating accident injuries you may still be able to collect compensation for your damages. This is because Florida is a comparative fault state which means that the partial fault of a victim reduces his or her award but does not prevent an award. Therefore, if you recover $100,000 but were 10% at fault for a boating accident such as slipping and falling on the vessel, your award may be reduced to $90,000. Never estimate your comparative fault and always ask a boating accident lawyer to review your case.