Commercial litigation can be a major headache for any business owner. As if owning a business was not difficult enough, when others try to take advantage of your business, employees, or other operations, you may have rights to protect under the law. This is particularly true in cases of breach of contract, fraud, or other similar claims. Do not let these issues overburden your business or unfairly take advantage of your rights.
At Schlacter Law, we fight back against others trying to take advantage of you and your business through unscrupulous means. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against others trying to take advantage of our clients. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our commercial litigation lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you. We offer a contingency fee structure (we only get paid when you do) and a hybrid billing structure to make hiring a law firm affordable even for small businesses.
Types of Commercial Litigation Claims That We May Handle
We handle claims for businesses and individuals who have suffered financial losses due to unlawful, aggressive, unfair, and unethical business practices. Our trained staff and aggressive attorney will ensure that you and your business are not taken advantage of. Our commercial litigation firm may be able to help you with the following types of cases:
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder disagreements and partnership disputes
- Employment litigation
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Unfair trade practices
- Intellectual property disputes
- Professional liability claims
- Theft and conversion
- Unfair dealings, self dealings, or other improper claims
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Construction litigation
- Tortious interference of a contract
- Other claims
Fight Back With Schlacter Law
If you have commercial litigation problems, we have commercial litigation solutions. Do not let your business be taken advantage of. The most common commercial litigation claims are a breach of contract, which can also be the most costly. Ask our commercial litigation lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the type of claim. Breach of contract claims are five years from the breach. Most fraud claims are four years from the date of the fraud, however, some fraud claims could have longer based on the discovery of the fraud. Defamation claims are only two years from the act. Given all of these different time periods, it is essential to contact a commercial litigation lawyer to protect your rights, because filing a claim outside of these time periods could result in a court automatically dismissing your claim.
What you recover depends on the type of claim. For instance, breach of contract claims could result in expectation damages (what you would have expected to profit if the contract was completed), compensatory damages (damages to compensate the non-breaching party for their losses in the breach), consequential damages (reimbursement from indirect losses from the breach of the contract), and other possible damages. In fraud or defamation claims, businesses may be entitled to “actual damages” for their losses. Some commercial litigation claims can result in punitive damages if the breaching party’s conduct was egregious. Always ask a commercial litigation lawyer to what you may be entitled to.
Our award-winning team is aggressive and high-energy. We do not let our clients get taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals or other businesses. We work hard to protect our business client’s rights including hiring leading experts to help support your claim. Our experienced commercial litigation lawyer knows how to successfully resolve business disputes without costly litigation in the courts. When negotiations fail, we also know how to put on an explosive trial to prove your arguments in court. We accept cases on contingency fee agreements or hybrid agreements. In certain instances, we may fight for your attorney’s fees to be paid by the opposing party for their frivolous or bad faith claims against you.