Dog Bites Lawyer
Dog bites are extremely painful and scary. They can also be confusing as to why the dog attacked and who to ask for compensation for your medical bills or lost wages. Pet owners can be held liable for their dog’s behavior. If a dog bites you, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, lost future earnings, and your pain and suffering. Unfortunately, many pet owners will protect their dog over you. They will blame you for the attack or try to claim it occurred during rough play. Insurance companies have trained their adjusters to get you to believe this and accept less money for your injuries. Don’t do that.
At Schlacter Law, we love animals but we know when a pet’s owner needs to be held accountable for unfortunate accidents. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including dog bite or animal attack cases. We will not allow insurance companies to blame the victim for a dog’s bite. For very serious animal attacks, we will not allow an owner or insurance company to shield a dangerous dog or a dangerous pet. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to prove your case. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our dog bite lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why We are Different at Schlacter Law
Our trained staff and experienced dog bite lawyer at Schlacter Law treats all clients with the respect they deserve. Whether you have a minor or catastrophic injury, if you are our client, we will treat you with the respect you deserve. Our team works hard for you to recover the compensation you need to pay bills and recover lost wages. Our process is different than other firms because it is client-focused. We may hire leading experts to help prove your damages or liability against a negligent owner.
Get Schlacter Law to Protect Your Rights After an Animal Attack
Dog bites and animal attacks are scary, only to be made scarier by the insurance claim process. Do not allow pet owners and insurance companies to trick you and hide from liability. Ask Schlacter Law to protect your rights and to not allow an insurance company to protect a dangerous animal. If you were injured in a dog bite or animal attack or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our dog bite lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation and strategy session to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Four years from the date of the dog bite or animal attack. If the attack resulted in the wrongful death, a victim’s family only has two years from the date of death. It is imperative in any dog bite or animal attack case to immediately retain a lawyer if the dog or animal could harm others again soon and to preserve your rights.
Multiple parties could be liable for a dog bite or animal attack. A pet owner’s homeowner’s insurance is a common party that is liable. If the attack occurred while the victim was working, the injuries could be covered by workers’ compensation. An animal attack in a vehicle could be covered by auto insurance. If there is no coverage available, a pet owner could still be liable for the action out of his or her own pocket. There are many possible scenarios that can be overwhelming for a person to investigate. This is why hiring Schlacter Law to handle your dog bite case is necessary to protect your rights. Further, if the injury occurred at a hotel, condominium, or apartment, the entity’s insurance policy could cover the accident especially if they knew or should have known about the dangerous dog.
Dog bite lawyers such as Schlacter Law do not cost any money upfront. This is because most personal injury lawyers take cases on a contingency fee agreement. This means that a victim only pays a percentage of the settlement or award. This means that a victim does not need to pay a dog bite lawyer until the victim gets paid.