Being the victim of a theft is a frustrating, confusing, and emotional time. Whether your property was stolen at home, in your car, at work, on vacation, or anywhere else, this invasion of privacy is troubling. Even more troubling is when your insurance claims are denied after your property was stolen. Even though you have faithfully paid your premiums, some insurance companies refuse to pay proper theft claims or put up hurdles to make the claims process unnecessarily difficult.
At Schlacter Law, we will not let insurance companies deny your valid claims after you have made all of your premiums. We know that this is already a difficult time that does not need to be made more difficult by an aggressive insurance adjuster. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against insurance companies. If you have had a theft claim denied by your insurance company, ask us for our help. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case, which may include hiring industry-leading professionals and experts. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our theft claim lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Where to File a Theft Claim
Most theft claims are filed through your homeowners insurance policy. In order to file a claim, a homeowners policy requires a police investigation and incident report regarding the theft and criminal activity. The reports and investigations are then provided to the insurance company for their claim processing along with the other paperwork you need to complete.
There is a lot of paperwork required to support your claim. While you can certainly do this yourself, having a lawyer complete the paperwork ensures that it is well-supported and accurate. Having a lawyer is important because even minor mistakes or discrepancies could result in a denial.
Denials by Insurance
An insurance company that denies a theft claim usually argues that they lack enough information that 1) the theft occurred, 2) you owned the stolen object, or 3) the value of the object. It can be very frustrating when a theft claim is denied by a homeowners insurance policy. If your homeowners insurance policy does not pay your theft claim after you have made all your necessary premiums, you may have legal remedies.
There is No Risk to Getting Help from Schlacter Law
Victims who have had property stolen from them and their theft claim denied should contact our experienced theft claim lawyer at Schlacter Law. Florida law gives victims certain rights, and we can help to protect them. We will not let you be a victim twice: by a theft and then your insurance company taking your premiums but not paying what you deserve. Call our theft claim lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but not be limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to file an action against an insurance company denying my claim?
Five years for a breach of contract action. There may be some circumstances which extend or shrink this time period. Always have a theft claim lawyer review the facts of your case to protect your rights.
How long does an insurance company have to pay my claim?
Generally, insurance companies have 90 days to render a decision after you open a claim. Some instances may extend this time period, such as further information needed to process your claim or developments with your claim.
How much does a theft claim attorney cost?
Nothing upfront. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee agreement which means we only get paid a percentage of what we recover for you. In some instances, the insurance company may be liable for paying your attorney’s fees to pursue a claim.