Roof Damage Attorney
Roof damage can cause serious issues for your home. Damage caused by windstorms, hurricanes, hail, fallen trees or branches, and other weather could be a costly repair. But it is a necessary repair to prevent other damage to your home or business and the contents inside. Insurance companies know this and may try to underpay you for your claim. Sometimes they even deny your claim. Most times insurance companies will claim your roof had preexisting damage or was old and already needed to be replaced. Don’t let insurance companies cheat you.
At Schlacter Law, we will not let insurance companies get out of paying for your roof damage claim. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against insurance companies. We offer a FREE consultation, and, if we accept your case, we will aggressively pursue your case. This includes hiring professionals and experts to prove the damage done to your property and what the repairs will be. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our roof damage claim lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
What to Do if Your Roof Insurance Claim Was Denied
The only thing more frustrating than roof damage is when your roof damage insurance claim is denied. If your roof damage claim has been denied, you can fight back. You may be entitled to file a legal action if the insurance company is acting improperly or in bad faith. You should not delay in obtaining legal representation. The longer that you take to file a claim and challenge improper denials, the longer that the insurance company has to make more excuses and use your delays against you.
Victims with roof damage should ask our lawyer at Schlacter Law for help. We know that insurance companies will try to say that damage was preexisting or that your roof already needed to be replaced. These are common, and frankly, unacceptable tactics. Call our roof damage lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but not be limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most insurance policies require you to give notice of damage as quick as possible. It is imperative that as soon as your roof suffers any damage that you immediately notify your insurance company to start the claim process. Never wait because this delay gives an insurance company more reasons to deny your claim or underpay you due to a failure to mitigate your losses.
It depends on what policy and coverage that you have. Generally, roof damage claims may result in compensation for repairs to the roof or attic below, a completely new roof, damage to contents in the house or business, damage to the house itself and other damages related to the roof claim.
Nothing upfront. At Schlacter Law, we let you keep money in your pocket for damages and expenses by agreeing to take your case on a contingency fee basis. This means that you only owe us compensation once we recover money for you. In some instances where an insurance company improperly denies coverage or fails to honor a claim and you successfully challenge the insurance company in court, Florida law requires the insurance company to pay for your attorney’s fees. Get Schlacter Law to Support Your Roof Damage Claim.