Plumbing leaks can be some of the most devastating types of water damage in a home or business. Some leaks may not be discovered right away, which could result in widespread damage including mold. Other types of leaks could be massive and quickly result in catastrophic damage to a home or business. While most insurance companies cover plumbing leaks, they will frequently make it more difficult to file a plumbing leak claim by arguing it was another person’s negligence or that the real damage is due to mold, which is excluded. That isn’t fair.
At Schlacter Law, we understand how devastating it can be when plumbing leaks ruin your home or business. We know what insurance companies will try to do in order to limit your claim. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients against insurance companies. We offer a FREE consultation and, if we accept your case, we may hire experts to calculate your damages and to prove how the plumbing leak damaged your home or business. There is no risk to ask for our help because we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our plumbing leak damage claim lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Insurance Companies Refuse to Cover Plumbing Leaks
Water damage is usually covered in an insurance policy, but far too many insurance companies create roadblocks for homeowners who are suffering from plumbing leaks. This is particularly true if the leak was a slow one and damage gradually appeared. In this instance, an insurance company will claim that this is a type of pre-existing damage that is not covered. Other times, insurance companies will blame you for not mitigating your damages by failing to find the leak quickly enough and repairing it. Sometimes insurance companies will even blame a third-party’s negligence.
Get Schlacter Law to Support Your Plumbing Leaks Claim
Water damage is always invasive and destructive. When that water damage is caused inside of your home or business, the damage can be even worse. We understand how devastating this type of loss can be and we will make sure to protect your claim and your rights to compensation when an insurance company is denying your claim or underpaying what you deserve. Call our plumbing leaks lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your claim. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your claim. Schlacter Law will also retain on your behalf experts to evaluate the scope of your claim. In other words, the experts will be retained to determine the cost of all of your necessary repairs. These experts may include but are not limited to professional adjusters, engineers, roofers, plumbers and general contractors.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your claim.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
As soon as you can do so. This is particularly true with any water damage claim such as plumbing leaks. Other damages like mold can immediately start and insurance companies may quickly disclaim them. Most insurance policies require you to give notice of damage within days of the claim. It is imperative that as soon any damage occurs, you should immediately contact your insurance company to open a claim. Never delay in any claim, especially a plumbing leak damage claim.
It depends on what policy and coverage you have. Plumbing leaks are types of water damage that are generally covered in an insurance policy. However, water damage frequently results in mold, which is commonly limited in most policies. Most people may recover money in a claim for repairs, replacement value, displacement of living arrangements or business location, damage to personal property, and other types of damages to the property related to the leak.
Nothing upfront. In some instances where an insurance company improperly denies coverage or fails to honor a claim and you successfully challenge the insurance company in court, Florida law requires the insurance company to pay for your attorney’s fees. At Schlacter Law, we let you keep money in your pocket for damages and expenses by agreeing to take your case on a contingency fee basis. This means that you only owe us compensation once we recover money for you.