DUI/Drunk Driving Accidents Attorney
One of the most frustrating types of auto accidents is one caused by a drunk driver. Drunk driving accidents are one of the most reckless, careless, and negligent causes for an auto accident. Drunk driving is also completely unnecessary with all of the taxies and ridesharing options now available. Still, far too many people engage in this dangerous conduct which needlessly exposes innocent people to serious harm. When victims are harmed by a drunk driving accident, not only can the aftermath be frustrating, but it can be a confusing process to file a claim. This is because many insurance carriers will try to use exceptions to their policies to deny their claims.
Here at Schlacter Law, we are committed to holding drunk drivers and their insurance companies responsible for causing injuries to innocent people. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including $1,625,0000, $825,000, $800,000, $790,000, and $775,000 in just car accident cases alone. Drunk driving is a crime. We will not allow an insurance company to blame our client for a drunk driver’s reckless, careless, and downright negligent actions. We offer a FREE consultation and strategy session and, if we accept your case, we will conduct a full investigation and may retain experts to help prove your damages. You do not owe us any money until we recover money for you first. Call our award-winning law firm by dialing (305) 999-1111 or fill out a free case evaluation to discover what our DUI/drunk driving accident lawyer at Schlacter Law can do for you.
Why Our DUI/Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer is Different
We do not only represent victims of a drunk driving accident, but we prosecute those who caused these needless harms. Schlacter Law does not tolerate drunk drivers or insurance companies who try to hide their insureds that committed a crime. If we accept your case, we will conduct a full and aggressive investigation, including:
- Obtaining your medical records to build your compensation claim
- Recovering police reports, investigations, breathalyzer tests, and other notes to establish the intoxication of the defendant and their fault
- Gathering witness statements to prove your injuries and the liability against a drunk driver
- Taking photographs of the accident scene, your injuries, and traffic patterns to establish your claim
- Finding surveillance videos that depict the accident or the condition of the drunk driver before or after the collision
- Scouring social media to uncover evidence of drinking or partying before a crash
- Using whatever is necessary to hold a drunk driver responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We will not stop until the drunk driver is held responsible
- Investigating whether there is a claim against the person or entity who served the intoxicated driver alcohol
- Investigating who the owner of the vehicle is and whether they have insurance
Who Could be Liable for a DUI/Drunk Driving Accident?
Our DUI/drunk driving accident lawyer at Schlacter Law will attempt to hold anyone and everyone responsible for your personal injuries. This includes the following:
Drunk driver – We will go after any drunk driver who harms an innocent person until they are held responsible.
Employers – If the drunk driver was using an employee vehicle, such as a truck driver, we will investigate to determine whether the employer may be liable and hold the employer responsible as well.
Third parties – We will investigate whether another person let the drunk driver use their vehicle and drive the night of your accident and knew of the intoxication. If we determine that someone served a driver too many drinks, allowed a drunk driver to use a vehicle, or failed to stop a drunk driver, and if we can hold them responsible, we will.
Bars and restaurants – Florida’s Dram Shop laws allow victims of drunk driving accidents to hold a bar or restaurant liable for 1) selling alcohol to minors, or 2) serving a customer who has a known history of alcohol abuse.
How We Handle Cases
- Your attorney will aggressively investigate your case. Schlacter Law will compile all necessary evidence needed to maximize the value of your case. Which includes but is not limited to photographs, police reports, security camera footage, witness statements, medical bills and medical records.
- You will remain in constant contact with Schlacter Law about the progression of your case.
- Your attorney will present your case to the insurance company and will attempt to resolve your case before the case goes to court for maximum compensation.
- Your attorney will make every effort possible to resolve the case as quickly as possible for the most amount of money you may be entitled to. You will be actively involved in the negotiation process with your attorney. Schlacter Law understands that this is your one opportunity to get justice for your loss.
- If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, Schlacter Law will be fully prepared to bring your case to court to fight for the justice you deserve.
- At no cost to you, Schlacter Law will hire any experts and professionals needed to maximize your recovery and present your case in the strongest form possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to bring a DUI/drunk driving claim?
Four years from the date of the accident under Florida law. While four years sounds like a long time, drunk driving cases can be complicated because of the extensive investigations that occur. This is particularly true if a drunk driver fights the criminal charges or is a truck driver. Therefore, it is imperative to always ask a DUI/drunk driving accident lawyer for immediate help to protect your claim to compensation.
What damages may I be entitled to in a DUI/drunk driving accident?
Victims harmed by a negligent drunk or intoxicated driver may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, property damage, and other damages caused by the drunk driver.
In some instances, a victim may be entitled to punitive damages against a drunk driver or other liable parties. Punitive damages are meant to punish egregious conduct and to deter other people from engaging in the same conduct.
How much does a DUI/drunk driving accident lawyer cost?
Victims injured in DUI/drunk driving accidents should not worry about the cost of a lawyer. This is because most personal injury lawyers will make a contingency fee agreement with them. This means that a drunk driving accident lawyer will only get paid a percentage of what is recovered by the victim. Schlacter Law typically charges just 33.33% before a lawsuit is filed.
If you were injured in a DUI/drunk driving accident or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, call our DUI/drunk driving accident lawyer at Schlacter Law for a FREE consultation and strategy session to learn what your case may be worth and how we can start protecting your rights to compensation today.